Monday, April 15, 2013

April Autism Awareness


ASPERGERS ROCKS|AUTISM AWARENESS



April Autism awareness month! This month means so much to me and deepens my love for life and God. In 2007 I married my amazing husband and we soon welcome our first son in October of 2007. Little did we know and soon to discover Ian deals with a silent disease called Asperger’s. The autism spectrum is huge and each child is different, so many people tend to think autism is one look and one way only; but it’s truly not.


Life for us is a routine, things Ian has to generally understand that things will be the same daily and be safe. We face so many challenges with him and time’s it is hard, to the point we are beyond frustrated. We as his parents struggle to understand him, but no matter what his sweet smile and all the accomplishments he has reached will shine through. Ian is smart and very loving and as his family we work hard to help him through so much. We have taken in new ideas and life challenges that we know and understood would cause days, weeks, and even months of repeat/broken record responses out of him. God again has given us the strength and love to get through it for him.

To think this sweet boy didn't start talking until he was 3, before he would use one word, point or show us what he wanted. Ian was quick to learn things like sign language and name images off when we did flash cards. There is so much he did and has improved on and other things is just part of how he communicates and expresses himself to the world. This year we have reached full on potty training, on his own and he is 5 now. He has learn to say I love you, give us hugs and slowly understanding when someone cry's they are sad. Life is full of blessings! I am proud! 


God has in my eye’s blessed us with him, to open up our eye’s and hearts to something greater in this world. Patients, love, trust, hope and so much faith in our selves! Without him I don’t think we would have made it this far.

I am proud of my son and proud to be a mother of the children I am blessed with. Taylor, Ian, Liam and soon we welcome our newest baby Zachary. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy these sweet images of my children. 


Ian



Liam



 Taylor







No comments:

Post a Comment